In many areas of the coast the water that circulates through domestic pipes is very hard, that is, a water with a high content of calcium carbonate (commonly called lime). This involves several problems; A great risk for household appliances, it can affect the quality of clothes once washed, reduce the efficiency of household heaters and can irritate the skin of people with sensitive skin, once they leave the shower. To solve the problem of lime in water, the most logical thing is to buy a water softener for your home. It is possible that among all the available options you can not choose any, we help you choose the water softener that best suits the needs of your home, whether in Torrevieja or Alicante.
Generally, there are three categories that encompass all decalcification systems, excluding filter systems that use reverse osmosis to “soften” water.
- Salt-based water softeners: Salt-based water softeners use the sodium itself in the salt to replace calcified water ions to replace them with other pure water ions without lime. These water decalcification units use a tank full of resin beads, in addition to a cubicle filled with salt or brine. These spaces destined to the agents that will act making the water in our home less harmful for our appliances and for our health, must always be kept filled to work properly. The process known as regeneration moistens resin beads, which in turn “soften” the water. These water softeners require little maintenance, since they are based on timers or meters that govern the quantities of pearls and salt that are housed in the container tank. Water softeners may vary in size and capacity, but they should always be installed near a drain to drain waste generated by the salt tank.
- Salt-free decalcification systems: these systems are especially suitable for areas with water with a high concentration of lime. These salt-free water softeners use nanotechnology to modify the atomic structure of water, getting rid of lime in the process. If you already have lime adhered to your pipes because of this, salt-free water softeners can eliminate and clean the pipes in your home, to improve the health of your home’s water. The operating costs of these salt-free systems are low and do not require technical maintenance, in the case of salt-free water softeners, they do not need to be installed near a drain.
- Electromagnetic descaling systems: these descaling systems are the smallest available on the market, they are ideal if you are looking to save space and work using magnetic cables arranged around the pipes that change the molecular structure of water molecules. This is the most environmentally friendly system and is indicated for waters with a medium-low lime concentration. Electromagnetic water decalcification systems are very easy to install and require almost no maintenance.
- Types of Salt: if we choose a water softener based on salt, we must take into account that water softeners can be presented in the form of “cake”, or in the form of crystals. Some filters can work with any type of salt form, but others specify in the manual the exact type of salt necessary for its correct operation, so the salt necessary for the equipment to work with the highest possible performance must be checked in advance.
- Tank capacity: The tank capacity has a direct reflection on the efficiency of a water softener, because the larger the tank, they last longer without requiring maintenance than tanks with less capacity.
- Efficiency or performance of the unit: Efficiency is key for any type of water softener that you decide to buy, it is necessary to require high performance to obtain the best effects by softening the water. Factors such as the size of the tank, the type of water softener and the energy used by the system are factors that directly affect the performance of a water softener.
From Frío y Calor Torrevieja, we want to show you that we are the best option when installing a water softener in Torrevieja or Alicante. Contact us and you will now have the installation of a water softener for your home in Torrevieja and Alicante.
Please contact us for a meeting and assessment without obligation.